Thursday, June 9, 2016

June 8, 2016 - From a missionary of Christ in the Backwoods of West Virginia

Well everyone, this is it! My time runs short. I won't spend a whole lot of time on what I've learned these past two years; "8. ...this [email] cannot contain even a hundredth part of what was [learned]...in the space of [two] years"

My mission is very sacred to me, and I am incredibly grateful for what I've learned and who I have become in the last two years. Like the scripture said, there is no possible way to explain how I feel about these last 24 months. I will say that I have a testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ and His gospel. I've come to know this through the Book of Mormon - which has literally and completely changed the course of my life. I know that Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson are Prophets of God, called by Him to do a great work and bless our lives here.

A lot has happened over the course of the last week and a half, so here is my final review! Last Pday we went over to L's house and got to try on his stilts! It was AWESOME! I have pictures. He also offered me the stilts I got to wear for $100 plus shipping. WHAT A GUY! They are usually like $350, so it's an INSANE deal. Also he said that the offer doesn't expire, so whenever I get the money. He's the best. We also went over to the D.'s that evening a little before Pday ended and celebrated T.'s (their grandson) birthday! 18! He's going to SVU too! I think I'm more excited for him to go to Buena Vista than he is lol. That night, Brother V., being the coolest guy ever that he is, brought over Homestead Creamery Chocolate Milk. If you've never had it, it's the best. stuff. ever.

Tuesday morning the milk was promptly gone before studies.... :P IT WAS SO GOOD. It was also like 300 grams of saturated fat, but so worth it. We got the opportunity to teach S.H. that night! We brought the H.'s over. It was a great little lesson. It was really short, but really effective. I've definitely learned the power of brevity and how great of a tool that is. :)

Wednesday I had the chance to say goodbye to all the people in the Soup Opera. I'm going to miss them a lot. D., L., L., A., B., M., and of course A. Such great people. 

Thursday I had my last district meeting and my last exchange! I got to be with Elder Moyle here in Fairmont! It was fun. :) We had a party. During our exchange we had a cool experience while we were walking! This guy called out to us, so we figured why not! We went over to him and started chatting with him, turns out he's a former investigator from like, 20 years ago. We chatted about the Book of Mormon for a while, and he invited us back! His name is P. It was a cool experience.

On Friday Elder Moyle and I had to head to Morgantown to fix the car (I ground the undercarriage pretty hard. It was bad. My bad). While we were there, we got to see C.! We get our car serviced at the dealership that he works at, so that was AWESOME! He's still awesome and funny. 

Saturday was kind of a big day for me. June 4th. I went into the MTC June 4th, 2014. So, you know, two years. That was crazy. I'll tell you what, these two years have changed my life. We also got the chance on Saturday to eat with A.&D.! They took us out to Applebees. It was really nice of them, and they gave me a little gift baggy full of treats for the plane ride. What nice people. I'll miss them!

Sunday we had the chance to eat with the F.'s and the C.'s! #twodinnersforthewin It was really great. Church was amazing too! My last Fast and Testimony Meeting. It was a great last Sunday!

So I finally started packing on Monday. It actually went a lot faster than I thought. By last night I was basically all packed. We also had Zone Meeting on Monday! I got to bear my DEPARTING TESTIMONY! It was CRAZY! That's when it started getting real. Craziness. C. also got adopted, so now he is OFFICIALLY C. D.! WOO HOO! 

Tuesday I said goodbye to L., R., C., D., C. Jr., A. (I'll explain), the H.'s, and the H.'s! C., D., Ch. Jr, and Ch.' 9 year old daughter 'd., who is ADORABLE, took us out to lunch at Applebees! I have pictures of them too. It was a great time. We had a lot of fun, and it was a total tender mercy to see them before I left.

Well that was my last week and a half! Two years! Tonight C. will be baptized, tomorrow morning I head down to Charleston, and Friday morning I fly home. Thank you ALL for your support. I love EACH ONE OF YOU!

Love,
Elder Brax Johnson

No comments: