Wednesday, June 8, 2016

April 11, 2016 - Fasting & Learning How to Study (Only Took Me 22 Months!)

Hello friends and family and everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful week! Conference still lingers in the air. The feeling that you get from listening to modern day prophets and Apostles just isn't found anywhere else in this world. I hope that we won't lose sight of the direction that the Lord and His servants want us to go in over the coming months. Let's lengthen our stride and move to a higher plane as believers in our Savior. No matter where you are on that path, you can always move forward!

Okay, enough preaching. :) Here's how our week went! We were able to teach Brother L. on Tuesday and read the Book of Mormon with him. We discussed the importance of scripture study and keeping the commandments of God. I really like the book of Jacob. He's fairly straightforward with things. The next day, Wednesday, we were able to teach Sister V. about the Book of Mormon and try to strengthen her in her testimony. That morning we also did service at the Soup Opera, which is always a great time. Everyone who volunteers there is just so funny and awesome. Good food too. Sometimes the people get a little sassy.... and sometimes you get a little sassy back.... ðŸ˜„ but you just try to be Christlike and give unbiased and loving service, because that's what it's all about!

Thursday I had my very last interview with President Salisbury before the mission home! It's crazy that it's been 8 already. We talked about how to help our investigators Brother P. and his son C.. He gave me some good suggestions that I related to Elder Casey, and we tried it on Saturday (More on that to come)! The next day, Friday, we had Zone Meeting! It was really great. Lots of business to go over. Conduct and procedural stuff mostly, but we did get to role-play the Restoration! That was fun. I also had my Temple Recommend Interview! Woo hoo! Brand new shiny temple recommend. Two signatures too! :D Later that day we were able to teach Brother Plum again. 

On Saturday I had an awesome study and totally learned that you get way more out of studying by topic than by just aimlessly reading. I had a GREAT study on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and learned a ton! I was preparing for the P.s' lesson that we had that night. This is my testimony: If you want to learn as you study, study by topic! :) But like I said, that night we had the Pullings! Sister M. was also there! It was great. :) We isolated 4 scriptures that we left them to read (2 Nephi 25:13, D&C 19:15-19, Alma 43:33, and 2 Nephi 31) and committed them to study them and teach us about them on Tuesday. We're excited! 

Sunday was a great day! The sacrament is an amazing thing. :) Sister D. came to church and Brother P. was able to bless the sacrament for the first time!!! He did a great job, didn't even have to repeat himself. It was a wonderful church meeting.

Well, that was my week! Thank you all for your support. I sure love every one of you. Have a wonderful week!!

Until next time,
Love,
Elder Brax Johnson

No comments: