Wednesday, June 8, 2016

May 9, 2016 - The Last Skype Call!

Hello everyone! It was great to see you yesterday! (Well, most of you... ;D) I hope you are all doing well. You all looked and sounded great! I am running out of time, so I'll jump into the week!

Last Monday we were able to teach C., like normal. We went over the Articles of Faith, 4 in specific, with him to teach him a couple of the commandments from the lessons in Preach My Gospel. It went really well. He is on date to be baptized June 11th! Can't remember if I mentioned that last time lol.

Tuesday was an easy day, we got the opportunity to see R. and watch some videos with him, and Brother P. and read the Book of Mormon. Not a whole lot, but those two guys are awesome. Wednesday though! Happy Star Wars Day! :D That's like my favorite day. We also had the opportunity on Wednesday to do service at the Soup Opera. The ladies that we volunteer with there are awesome, they said they want to make a big special lunch for my last one haha. They are awesome. I'll have to take some pictures.

Thursday - Happy Independence Day Mexico! :D On Thursday, we got the opportunity to teach M., our minister and elect investigator! He taught us some awesome things about the Pauline Epistles and how Paul teaches the doctrine of the celestial kingdom in like every epistle. He also talked about how Jesus used Rabbinical techniques when he taught the multitudes. I think we taught about the Book of Mormon... :P It was a great experience. We also did service with a less-active member, J., and went out afterward to eat with him. He's a really energetic, funny guy. 

Friday I had exchanges with Elder Moyle! I can't exactly remember what we did, but I know we had a lot of fun whatever it was! We did get to teach Brother P. about the Priesthood and watched some more videos with R. Elder Moyle is our new District Leader from Star, Idaho, he's been out for 6 months, and he's a great Elder. We have a ton in common, so it made it a lot of fun. :)

Saturday it was my WONDERFUL MOTHER'S BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday Mom! ;D You are the best. 

As for teaching, we got the opportunity to teach one of the sisters investigators (long story), J., at the Cracker Barrel. It wasn't a very good teaching environment, in fact it was a horrible teaching environment, but it was a good experience with some good food! Elder Casey and I also had the opportunity to teach D., one of our investigators. He had a ton of questions and we were finally able to get control of the situation and teaching experience enough to leave him with the challenge to get his own answers from the Plan of Salvation pamphlet we left with him. He's an awesome guy. Really funny.

Sunday was Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to all those awesome moms out there, especially my mom and aunts and grandmother. I love you all! Not a ton happened on Sunday except for eating WAY to much food per the request of the two lunch & dinner appointments we had, and talked to a really high born-again christian guy who tried to convert us. It was funny. Skipping was wonderful too, like I mentioned at the top. Ya'll are the best! 

I love each of you dearly. Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Brax Johnson

No comments: